European Association for Gestalt Therapy
o In order to become a member of EAGT - when one is trained at a Training Institute which is not (yet) accredited by EAGT - one has to meet the below mentioned criteria (if you wish for information concerning these hours, click here to download our training standards paper):
- 600 hours of theory and methodology done in an experiential way (there has to be a minimum of 600 actual contact hours with at least 4 different trainers)
- 150 hours of supervision
- 400 hours of clinical practice (meaning at least 400 sessions with selected clients / patients (individuals, groups, couples, families, preferable a mix of these)
- 250 hours of personal therapeutic experience
- 50 hours personal preference
The training program consists of a minimum of 1450 hours.
Training programs have to declare clearly, what parts are theory and methodology, what parts is therapeutic experience and what is supervision of work with real clients/patients.
In this case the complete application form (click here to download application file for individuals) needs to filled in and can be send with the necessarily copies of certificates to EAGT office (address click here)
o If one is trained at a Training Institute which is accredited by EAGT one needs only to fill in the following parts of the application form (click here to download application file for individuals)
- personal data;
- the gestalt education data;
- signature on application form;
- send this with necessarily copies of certificate to EAGT office (address click here)
For the both before mentioned options count that your file will be scanned and send to the EAGT secretary. The EAGT secretary will scrutinize the application form.
- If you meet the requirements and the secretary approves of the filled in application form the office manager will contact the NOGT (in case there is a NOGT [click here to see whether you country has a NOGT] in that country) and ask the NOGT whether they have any objections in accepting you as a member. The NOGT has to reply within 14 days to EAGT. Here follow 3 options;
a. The NOGT agrees – the applicant will become an ordinary member of EAGT and an EAGT certificate will be send to the applicant;
b. The NOGT does not reply – if the NOGT does not reply within 14 days, EAGT will see that as an approval and the applicant will become an ordinary member of EAGT and an EAGT certificate will be send to the applicant.
c. The NOGT does not agree – the NOGT has to give a substantiated explanation to EAGT. An example could be that the applicant is the recipient of a complaint and in this case we will accept and follow the advice of the NOGT.
Click here for a list of our individual members per country.
you are a visitor number
since January 1, 2006